Powder coating—the process of coating metal, plastics and glass using a dry powder rather than liquid paint—has been around since the 1940s and has only gotten more popular over time. Many car enthusiasts ask us whether vehicle parts can be powder coated in Washington, and the answer is a resounding yes! Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of powder coating your vehicle parts:
- Increased resistance: Powder coating provides a thick layer of protection for your car parts. In fact, it’s one of the hardest materials on the market! After powder coating your car parts, they’ll be protected from scratches, dings, rust and other damage.
- Reduced wear and tear: If your car parts are better protected against the elements, they’ll be less susceptible to wear and tear. Not only is powder coating less costly than painting, but it can also help to extend the lifespan of all your car parts.
- Better appearance: So far, we’ve only mentioned the functional benefits of powder coating vehicle parts in Washington, but it’s important to note that car enthusiasts also hire us for powder coating to improve their vehicles’ appearance. Powder coating can come in every color of the rainbow as well as a variety of textures, ensuring your vehicle looks as good as possible.
- Eco-friendly solution: Unlike paints, which can contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), powder coating has no harsh liquid chemicals. The powder coating process doesn’t emit any chemicals that can be bad for either your health or the atmosphere. Additionally, powder coating can be reused several times over, so there are very little wasted materials.
Best vehicle parts to powder coat
Powder coating can be applied to nearly any vehicle part. While we work on many different car parts, these are a few of the most common ones we powder coat:
- Rims: If you’ve invested in new rims for your vehicle, don’t leave them susceptible to the elements or debris from the road. Instead, have them professionally powder coated. Powder coating will protect them from getting scratched up while giving them a flashy appearance. Talk to your technician about powder coating your rims to complement the rest of your vehicle’s colors.
- Under the hood: Another popular spot for powder coating vehicle parts in Washington is under the hood. This one is for detail-oriented car owners who want to showcase their updated engine by coloring it with a cohesive theme. Along with providing a unique look under the hood, powder coating can protect and preserve these critical components.
- Accessories: Drivers who add accessories like brush guards or metal racks to their vehicle might not be satisfied with the stock color, or they might want to increase the accessory’s durability. In either case, powder coating is a great option. We guarantee you’ll be happy with your vehicle’s overall appearance and increased performance after powder coating it.
Bring your car to us!
Powder coating isn’t a project you should try to take on yourself, but you also can’t take your vehicle parts to just anyone to perform the job. At Powder Vision Inc., we specialize in powder coating all sorts of different car parts. Whether you’re still wondering if vehicle parts can be powder coated in Washington or you’re ready to powder coat your vehicle, come see our team today!